Thank you for your interest in working with us at Island Truss. Please click on the email link below the position you’re applying for and attach your resume in a Word Document for consideration. We offer a competitive wage and compensation package and are currently looking to fill the following positions:
The successful candidate will be assisting in the design of roof and floor systems using wood trusses, I-joists, and pre-engineered wood beams for residential, and commercial construction. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience preparing drawings for manufacturing.
Job duties include:
– working directly with the Sales Manager in providing required floor and roof layouts to existing and potential customers.
– developing and preparing engineering designs and drawings from completed blueprints or preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data. Co-ordinate required engineered details for customer through independent Engineering firm.
– analyzing building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports.
– preparing layouts in Mitek
– AutoCAD experience considered an asset
– preparing layouts and material lists for production and/or bids
– assisting and verifying design drawings of other team members
– co-ordinating design and production paperwork based on required delivery dates
– taking part in direct contact with customers/framers and general public in supporting products and/or designs
– leadership abilities to coordinate and organize design group to work as a team to accomplish required lead times for projects and bids
Island Truss has a track record of over 30 years on Vancouver Island, our high-quality products have been trusted in homes and commercial projects throughout Vancouver Island. This is a family business with an exceptional reputation, known for being knowledgeable and experienced.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org